Okay, I finally thought of something I could blog about and keep it kind of interesting. Recently my oldest daughter has been out on a few casting calls and I am eagerly waiting a call back. The first was on Tuesday, April 7, 2009, for an Eckrich Sausage commercial, the second was on Friday, April 10, 2009, for a Texas Aquarium commercial. I haven't heard back from either one, but I am still waiting.
To give you a little history on this adventure, in December 2007, we went to Pastorni-Bosy Talent Agency in Houston for an open call. They wanted my little girl to sign on and we did. By the way, I am her manager (tax purposes.) Any way, after signing on in January 2008, I hadn't really heard from them until September 2008. We went out for a casting call in Houston, and got the job for a commercial with Comcast internet service. The commercial starting playing immediately in the Houston area.
Well, we decided that we would also get her an agent in the San Antonio area since we weren't getting too much work from Houston. We were able to get on with Calliope Talent Agency sometime during the summer of 2008. In October 2008, we got a phone call requesting her appearance in an H.E.B. commercial. We didn't even have to audition for that one!
And here we are. So hopefully something else comes up soon. She is beginning to get the hang of these auditions, even though I don't tell her we are going to one until the day of. It keeps her from getting too nervous. I think I get the most nervous during the actual call though.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment